Witch's Haven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Witch's Haven

Australia and world wide Pagans, Magik, The Craft, Traditions and culture, Environment, Pregnancy, Birth, Parenting, Wellbeing, Art and music.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

EO Bergamot

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Runesmisstress
Titania
Runesmisstress

Female
Number of posts : 808
Humor : I laugh at myself daily
Registration date : 2007-09-13

EO Bergamot Empty
PostSubject: EO Bergamot   EO Bergamot Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2008 3:06 pm

Botanical Name: Citrus aurantium
Plant/Part: Tree/peel.
Country of Origin: Italy.
Extraction: Expression.
Colour: Yellowish green/emerald.
Aroma: Light and delicate. Refreshing, with citrus-style overtones.
History/Myth: Said to have been introduced to Europe from the Canary Islands by the great voyager Christopher Columbus.
Caution: Contains chemical that promotes tanning. Offers no protection from burning, however, so avoid use when exposed to harsh sunlight. May irritate sensitive skin.
Wellbeing: Its calming qualities should improve listlessness and anxiety. Helps prepare you for more restful sleep. (Good for Depression, when ever I am feeling that way I just open the bottle I have and sniff it and I feel a lot better)
Body: Offers relief for stomach cramps, colic, flatulence and the digestive discomfort associated with these symptoms and the management of some symptoms of menopause. May benefit blood circulation, particularly in the limbs.
Skin: Has excellent antiseptic qualities for minor wounds, Seems particularly effective with oily skin. The comfort it offers for skin irritations is enhanced when combined with eucalyptus. Soothing for insect bites and sunburn.
Blends well with: Chamomile, cypress, eucalyptus, geranium, jasmine, lavender, lemon, marjoram, neroli, palmarosa, patchouli, ylang ylang.
Back to top Go down
https://witchs-haven.forumotion.com

EO Bergamot
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Witch's Haven :: Parenting & Wellbeing :: Wellbeing :: The Realm of Healing :: Aromatherapy-
Jump to: