Witch's Haven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Witch's Haven

Australia and world wide Pagans, Magik, The Craft, Traditions and culture, Environment, Pregnancy, Birth, Parenting, Wellbeing, Art and music.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

EO Chamomile

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Runesmisstress
Titania
Runesmisstress

Female
Number of posts : 808
Humor : I laugh at myself daily
Registration date : 2007-09-13

EO Chamomile Empty
PostSubject: EO Chamomile   EO Chamomile Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2008 3:21 pm

Botanical Name: Anthemis nobilis
(Roman/English Chamomile)
Plant/Part: Herb/Dried flower
Country of Origin: Indigenous to Britain and cultivated in Germany, France and Morocco.
Extraction: Distillation.
Colour: German and Roman, blue; Maroc, pale yellow. With age, Roman chamomile turns from a very pale blue to colourless.
Aroma: Fruity, sweetish, herbaceous, like an overripe apple.
History/Myth: Traditinally valued for its cooling effect on fevers. A popular early shampoo.
Wellbeing: Its soothing effect helps eas tension associated with anxiety or stress. Improves sleeplessness.
Body: Brings temprary relief for headaches. Helps ease the discomfort of premenstrual and menstrual symptoms and may be helpful in dealing with some symptoms of menopause. Ideal for gastro-intestinal discomfort, such as an upset stomach or diarrhoea. Its warming qualities ease muscular pain caused by tension. Eases stiffness and swelling joints. Brings relief to aching limbs, particularly those affected by varicose veins.
(When my children have gastroenteritis I water down Chamomile tea and give it to them, it settles them down. Helps to put honey in it as Chaomomile tea is not for everyone.)
Back to top Go down
https://witchs-haven.forumotion.com

EO Chamomile
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Witch's Haven :: Parenting & Wellbeing :: Wellbeing :: The Realm of Healing :: Aromatherapy-
Jump to: